Stereo Comics   +  story

Chris Weston covers Bolland for 2000AD's 35th birthday celebrations.

I don't often twock a story from Pete Well's 2000AD covers blog, mainly because Pete and I regularly have far-diverging tastes. I don't feel the need to name names. On this we can agree, though: the glory of Chris Weston's update of the classic Bolland design for the fondly-remembered Eagle Comics' 2000AD Monthly #1. My cousin Geoff had that 'un, and I coveted it mightily.

Here Chris rightly prioritises characters from the last few years who have themselves became classics (Harry Absalom, Zombo, Dirty Frank, Shakara, etc). I know I regularly make little digs at Current Tharg, but he's largely been steering the old ship in the right direction.

Update: Noticed last night that Chris has drawn himself, dead centre, into his composition as Titus Defoe. Cheeky!