Stereo Comics   +  TIME

Brendan McCarthy update, slight return

An e-mail conversation with Brendan McCarthy is prone to heading into rather unexpected territories, as you may expect from the man's work. But when he drops some mini-bombshells and asks me to "spread it about", I'll happily oblige.

"I'm putting together a new story about two Bunteresque drunken Invisible Schoolboys and their pissed adventures in Larvador, the hidden world inside the school's Tuck Shop.

I recently came across an old script I commissioned Grant Morrison to write, about 20 years ago, based on an unused character of mine called ULTRASIR. It's a kind of cross between the films "IF" and "The Leather Boys" and "The Invisible Man"... It's like Harry Potter and Lord Snooty on magic mushrooms.

There's a whole new 'McCarthy universe' brewing, I fear...

Spread it about! It's, like, TOTALLY RUPERT!"