Stereo Comics   +  TIME

No crappy Jethro Tull references from me, no sir*.

One thing everyone should be noticing is the growing influence of the SCOTT PILGRIM series throughout the anglophone comics sphere. Here's another great example: AQUA LEUNG. I loved the sample of this in the POPGUN compendium from Image (one of the few hits in a hit-and-miss collection), and I thought at the time, "groovy - if there's two influences I'd want to see increasing their pull on comics, it's Bryan Lee O'Malley and Genndy Tartakovsky, and this looks like equal portions of both (with a hint of Paul Pope in the brush work)". That's right, I over-analyse everything. Wanna make something of it?

*Certainly not: I once nearly started a riot at a party after maybe the weirdest gig of all time by doing exactly that.