Stereo Comics   +  unnecessary comics

sloth versus procrastination - you decide!

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd review some of the sheer tonnage of comics and graphic novels I've gotten recently. Half a dozen Grant Morrison projects. Kyle Baker's PLASTIC MAN (genius!). Miller's SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR (if you've seen/read THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE, BODY HEAT or THE LAST SEDUCTION, you probably could skip that one). The anthology PROJECT SUPERIOR (highly recommended, if only for a fantastic four page short by the always superb Paul Pope, but there's plenty more where that came from, by an amazing array of talent). Geoff Darrow's SHAOLIN COWBOY #2, which is the best damn individual comic I've read all year and should win every Eisner Award going. How issue four of Bendis's NEW AVENGERS was a hoot, and kicked the ass of issue four of Millar's ULTIMATES 2. The A/B test I ran in my head to decide which was more noir: 100 BULLETS #59 or SLEEPER SEASON TWO #10. How POPBOT READER was the best one-handed comic of the year. How SPIDER-MAN/HUMAN TORCH #3 was another slice of groovy guilty pleasure from Dan The Man Slott. That, yes, I've completely given up on getting any joy from Mark Waid's mediocre LEGION OF SUPERHEROES and Joss Whedon's over-rated ASTONISHING X-MEN, and I'm only going through the motions of buying them so I can sell the complete sets on eBay. That Bendis's SECRET WARS #4 sucked ass big time. That DC's hype generating machine COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS sucked bigger ass even harder, with a straw?

Nah, I couldn't be bothered. I'll do it later.