Stereo Comics   +  Frank Miller

I can't believe it's not butter!

And I can't believe I just got stick in person from one of my regular readers demanding I update more regularly. A whole week had gone by with fuck all posting. I must admit, it was because of my secret plan - I put a link to my eBay sales in my signature on a couple of news message boards, and hung around them all week posting on them instead, in an effort to try and drum up business. Pathetic, eh? I can't believe I wasted my creativity on other people's websites. Fuckers. The good news is, as of this week, the overtime ban at work seems to have crashed and burned, meaning I don't have to become such a horrific old shill. So, my selling will continue, but at a much more relaxed pace.

And on to business. That self-same reader glad-handed me with an amazing quality bootleg of SIN CITY. Just one problem: despite updating nearly all of my media playing programs, damned if I can get it to work with sound. Welcome to the wonderful, mysterious world of codecs. So I've just seen the most amazing silent film of my life. The quality is so high, 'cus it was lifted from a screener: an early DVD sent out by the movie makers to various big-wigs. As opposed to the bootlegs shot in an empty cinema by an enterprising projectionist with questionable ethics.

The long and short of it is, christ it rocked hard, and now I hope I can figure out how to hear it sometime soon, too. Cheers, Stevie.

********update April 24th, 2005********

Thanks for that link, dude, now I can hear it, too.