Stereo Comics   +  Mickey Rourke

SIN CITY, the one comic book movie I've ever looked forward to

The only worrying thing I've heard about this flick is Mickey Rourke telling Frank Miller that he's based Marv's walk on one he learnt in Ireland... oh great, our latest cultural contribution to the world: our brain dead hardmen teach an American actor how to walk like Uncle Andy. I can see it now on the front of the Andersonstown News. I'm so proud.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to it: it looks like Miller's persistance has paid off. And the comic book oriented east-coast premiere sounded like a well-deserved pat on the back for the ongoing pop culture innovation engine that is the comic book industry. Besides, all the prestige, all the riches, couldn't be going to a more deserving artist. If Robert Crumb is the modern day Bruegel, Miller is our Hemingway.