Stereo Comics   +  Tank Girl

THE MEG: now with added hefty wallop.

As a general rule, I try to avoid comics messageboards because I'm a full-on misanthrope who abhors the braying of fools who just aren't me. Poor sods.

I did, however, check this out because it directly affected me in the pocket area: the issue of the JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE that features the start of the mucho-anticipated TANK GIRL: SKIDMARKS, #275, also comes with a hefty wallop of a format change. The hit-and-miss reprint series, EXTREME EDITIONS, is being folded into the Meg, which will now come bundled with a 64 page "mini-trade", at a price of £4.99. Being a top civil servant living high on the hog, I can live with the price hike, but can also see how this'll put off other long-time readers, who will probably already own the material being reprinted in some form or another.

But I can also see how that's a lot of comics for the price, and that the proposed reprint material could appeal greatly to non-regular 2000AD buyers: the first "mini-trade" (I'm quite curious to see how those'll be packaged) is a collection of Jock's Dredd work, which I can highly recommend, and later editions include SNOW/TIGER, a military/espionage thriller by Andy Diggle and (the still-criminally-under-rated) Andy Clarke, which should go down well with an audience familiar with the work those three have produced for DC.