Stereo Comics   +  Sean Phillips

Rant.

I was looking at these preview pages of the first issue of the second volume of Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips' comic CRIMINAL, thinking, great. It's back. It's only been a couple of months, but I've missed it. Then I noticed the little notices under the thumbnails saying "published comic will be in color", and thought, are comic fans really that thick? Like, "woah, that comic seems pretty damn good, hey - it's by that dude who writes or co-writes anything worth buying at Marvel, an' it's drawn by that kick-ass limey who draws that zombie comic (that's started to suck 'though I buy it anyway), but hey, it's not in color, so I don't think I'll bother", thick? Which in turn reminds me how over here, The Currant Bun used to list movies not as "in black & white", but as "not in colour". F*cking ignoramouses. It's one thing to pander to the southern knuckle draggers who buy your sh!tty 'paper, 'nother to mangle the f*ck out of the language while yer at it. Wehn-kahs!