Stereo Comics   +  The Stooges

Stooged

Finally getting around to ordering THE WEIRDNESS by The Stooges tonight on Amazon tonight, when I saw a review by a guy called "Gio" from Torino, Italy. Now, the Italians aren't really that famous for their contributions to rock history ("Shaddapp You Face" by Joe Dolce, anyone?), but this guy seems to have grabbed the wrong end of the stick about Iggy's output entirely, showing us that The Stooges still have the power to confound, nearly forty years since their inception. More power to their elbows.

I wasn't expecting a great Iggy album cause I see some recently Stooges shows and I also remember the 4 tracks on Skull Ring played by Asheton &c. Sure they are an historic name of the rock history but they're not good at playing anymore...out of time,out of tune,out of everything. I love Iggy Pop and I like a lot of Iggy's album of different periods,from New Values to Instinct, from Avenue B to Naughty Little Doggie, but this time He reach the worst than I can expect from him. In comparison to this album it seems fairly good also Beat'em up...and it's enough! No music, no grooves, nothing at all...a pile of childish noises for some nostalgic guy. Incredibly bad!!!!!!!