Stereo Comics   +  joss whedon

FIREFLY marathon

So, to celebrate the release of the movie SERENITY, the SciFi channel thoughtfully showed the complete series of FIREFLY over the last couple of days, which allowed me to patch the holes in my viewing of the series. And gave me a hankering to see the spin-off movie. Mission accomplished then, I suppose.

I'm an easy mark for shipboard SF TV anyway, but this was perhaps my favourite of recent years (alongside muppets-in-space epic FARSCAPE - I can't be the only one who thinks that Ben Browder and Claudia Black both turning up in that gawdawful STARGATE tv show is like waking up in some terrible dimension where John Lennon and Paul McCartney joined Gerry And The Pacemakers after The Beatles split).

For non-fans, FIREFLY is easily summed up as "THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES in space". And anyone who disagrees with that tagline is an idiot.
Actually, they should use that on the posters for SERENITY. That'd be bitchin'.