Stereo Comics   +  The Beatles

I'm sitting on a really fucking big story...

Someone globally famous who's also known as a bit of a comic book fan just won my latest lot on eBay. It was a job lot of the first editions of DC's latest publicity-hoover, IDENTITY CRISIS. He's more famous than Jonathan Ross or Lenny Henry. He's even more famous than Nicholas Cage or Kevin Smith. Hell, he's more famous than all of them combined.

But I'll never tell. Remember when Cherie Blair was outed as an eBay bargain hunter? That was a friggin' disgraceful breakdown of eBay protocol. So I'll never tell which former member of The Beatles and Wings just bought my comics. Oh no. But lets look at the evidence: I send him a jokey email trying to find out if he is who I think he is. In his reply, he doesn't even mention my quip about his knighthood. I check his feedback: he buys exclusively high end comics, early Kirby Fantastic Fours, Barry Smith Conans, etc, and plenty of them - the guy's loaded. He's a famous cheapskate, and this guy quibbled with me over postage.

The conclusion is obvious: Macca just bought comics from me on eBay! Grud on a greenie!